View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 01:59 AM   #6
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Not even sure we have a local record store anymore. I'll look into what those four are worth--the problem with eBay is you see tons for sale, but no buyers. Doesn't matter if everyone lists their copy of an album at $20, it's not actually worth that much until someone buys it.

Besides, don't be so sure you'd be screwing me over with the price... Desperado has one auction listing it at 99 cents plus $3 for shipping.
My bullshit $5 price was, in my head, including shipping, so.. i mean you certainly wouldn't be turning much profit, but if i can scrounge up twenty bucks for all four, you still, even by your ebay benchmark, aren't exactly losing money (even if you aren't turning profit).
my point is, i'm broke (and cut off for the summer) and can't offer much, but worse comes to worse and i end up running out of food money from buying records, my dad would probably respect my purchase of vinyl (he's gone full-on crazy-ass audiophile) enough to give me enough to eat with to make up for what i spent on records. i still say i'm offering you a bad deal if i include shipping in what i've offered you, but if you have paypal or if a snail-mailed cheque is acceptable, and you'd take my paltry price, i'd still pay you twenty bucks for those four.

i'll be the one getting ripped off if the four are not in great condition, you'll be the one getting ripped off if they're in less than great condition, i guess, but i payed more than that each for the copy of each that i've previously bought of each of those that my dad has assumed control over in my absence and won't give back. tooootally your call.

edit: not that i'm accusing you of offering lemons or anything, i'm just saying, i'm willing to offer five bucks with shipping apiece to own something as cool as a copy of aqualung or desperado, even if what i get for that five bucks isn't even of playable quality.

Last edited by Ibby; 07-09-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote