Thread: Christmas Food
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 05:33 PM   #24
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

They sure do. Actually, my husband comes from a very small family. More or less just him and his mother (who was what you'd call an abusive alcoholic when he was kid. Now she's just an alcoholic) and they never really did much about Christmas.

I remember the first Christmas we had together. I told him about it during the lead up, and he saw all my preparations, and to be honest, he was dreading it. Thought he'd hate all the fuss and noise.

In the end, he said to me the next day that it was the best Christmas he'd ever had.

The funny thing is, the day after last Christmas I was overwraught after having had words with my father about a family issue and said I didn't want to worry about Christmas next (this) year, and he's been the one telling me to get excited about it, and I'll regret it if I don't etc, and that he wants me to do all the usual stuff because it part of what makes me special to him. Apparently he likes the way these things bring our extended family together, and having come from virtually nothing, it means all the more to him.

So in short, yes they do. The kids just love everything about how we celebrate Christmas in our house and I just love seeing my family have fun and enjoy the fruits of my labours.