View Single Post
Old 03-20-2002, 12:06 AM   #6
dave

Look, no one has a right to after-school activities such as sports without drug testing. If you join up, you make some sacrifices - some of your time after school, the streak you've got going for not pissing in a cup, etc. Yeah, I want to get a job that pays lots of money and I'm in a position of trust and responsibility. I want to get that without having to take time out of my day, go down to a shitty medical clinic and fill a beaker with like 20 ounces of hot urine. But I don't have a right to a job without pissing in a jar. It's just not written that way.

I have no after-school activities on my resume. I've talked to many schools, and they have no apprehensions about bringing me on board. Wow. Big fuckin' deal, I wasn't a star quarterback or the leading scorer on my school's basketball team. They know that not all kids do that shit, and that's okay.

If you *want* to have all that goody shit on your record, you make some sacrifices. Like peeing in a cup maybe.

Everyone that has lived a life of "preserving their rights" has made some sacrifices. Sometimes they give their lives. Sometimes they turn down a job because they have to pee in a cup.

As for false positives - those are always cleared up. My sister has back spasms and was on some tylenol with codeine. She got a false positive for morphine. She told 'em she was on the pill, showed the prescription, and she got the job. Big deal.