View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 09:45 PM   #43
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally posted by farfromhome

A number of thoughts ran through my head upon seeing your post , wolf.Heres the first-Nice generalization.Smoking pot or...coke,speed-what else?Do you also think that speeding or shoplifting is also the same as the crimes of rape or murder?
Second thought-Believe it or not,there are millions of people in this country who go to work every day,do their damn best and go home.They leave their work at work.These people take pride in what they do at work.But it is not their "career".Its a job.Some of the most well-rounded people I know can keep that perspective.
Third thought-I am not a long haul trucker nor do I come from that background.The majority of people in this country who have a commercial drivers license sleep in the their own beds ever night.That was a pretty stupid assumption on you part.
Now ,can I make an assumption(since you felt free to)?I'll bet the world is only black and white to you,isn't it wolf?What a suprise you're a cop.Sarcasm intended.
In defense of wolf in this case, we can amend her statement to be:

If risking any form of proscribed activity that is not important to life or it's furthering is more important than keeping food on the table and lights burning, then I question their overall "direction" in life to begin with.

Wolf, if my amendment of your statement is in error or not in keeping with the intent of your statement let me know.