Thread: I bawt a Tesla
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 01:05 AM   #58
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
The brake lights come on from the regen braking without the pedal?
Yes, it goes according to the rate of slowdown

Quote:
Could be better too, turn signals, high beams, SPEED. You're mistaken, you still need a fuel gage.
All the major bits are at the top left of the 15" screen and I don't miss seeing them right in front. It's about the same amount of glance down.

High beams I just keep on automatic; the car manages that.

Don't need a fuel gauge. I'll start every day from home with like 280 miles range. So unless I'm going to drive for 4 hours, I don't need to know the range at all. On a longer trip, the range is managed by the navigation system, generally going to the next supercharger.

In a gas car, you're trained to manage your car's fuel status carefully; and even though you can run out at any time, you run it low for conveniences' sake. You need a gauge. And you need it to be accurate, but it never is...

Quote:
So there is no way to open the door, at least from the outside, if it doesn't have power regardless of which battery it works off of.
That's true, although the battery systems are carefully managed. Meanwhile, I was locked out of a car three times in the last 10 years. Keys locked in the car. Key broken off in the trunk lock. Fob low on battery. Let's see how this next run of ten years goes.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote