View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 01:15 PM   #13
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

I watched again with my dad and here are some more thoughts:

Spoiler:

I have found a few different morals or messages in the story but I haven't put them all together yet.

One, is how there is an illusion of change when in reality, there isn't any. This is shown when the sheriff goes to his father's deputy and talks about how he is over his head and how this didn't happen in the past when his father's deputy says that this kind of thing has been going on for a long time.

The second message is simplier. Don't get your nose into something that it shouldn't be in. Llewlyn should have stayed out of the drug deal's buisness and he got killed by taking the money.

The third is what I posted in my last post. There is a very cynical message about how we cannot run from death and when we try to, we end up getting more taken away from us than needed. The country represents this ideal of being able to fight or handle violence, but the old understand that this is just unrealistic.

I do have one question though.

At the end of the movie when the sheriff goes back to the hotel where Llewlyn was killed, he looks through the broken lock and sees Shugere and Shugere sees him as well. Why don't those two meet? Did Shugere run away because it wasn't the Sheriff's time to die or were they at different times? And who killed Llewlyn? Shugere or the Mexicans?
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote