View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Mar 16, 2010: Cargoshell

Ha ha, I fooled you all, I'm really a spammer for Cargoshell.

Quote:
Cargoshell provides, maintaining the successful qualities of the current container, a number of crucial innovations. Of higher interest is the substantial CO2-reduction that can be achieved by replacing the current containers by Cargoshell worldwide. Cargoshell is manufactured from composites (fibre reinforced plastics), therefore the container is much lighter than the current steel container. Another important innovation is the fact that Cargoshell has a folding mechanism. Steel containers obtain the same amount of space when they are fully loaded as when they are empty. The volume of a folded Cargoshell is ¼ of the original steel container.
Oh boy, more plastic in the Pacific Gyre... probably fireproof, but I wonder if they would melt? No matter, as long as walmart and China make more money.
I don't know where they hide the ends when it's folded up? Looks like there's a loop for an overhead door?

I suppose the ships are going back anyway, so the folding wouldn't matter too much, but you'd only need one truck, instead of four, to get the empties back to the dock. Looks like you need a crane to open them, I wonder if they could be folded without one?
I'm not a very good spammer, am I.

link