View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 02:22 PM   #8
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I hate fireworks.

Not as much as I used to - as Carrot isn't quite as freaked out by them as Pilau was - but he doesn't like them. And he certainly won't go and do what he has to do if one goes off during his walk.

Pilau used to be a quivering ball of shattered nerves, every fucking year. Before they tightened up the laws on fireworks sales we used to have a month lead up to Guy Fawkes Night, with intermittent fireworks most evenings, then the night itself would sound like a war zone and then we'd get a few weeks after of fireworks going off intermittently. I'd basically have about 2 months where Pilau would refuse to go out during the evening and I'd have to take him a walk at 1am.

Now we only really start getting them about a week ahead of Guys Fawkes - but the bonfire parties that used to all happen on the 5th November, with maybe an odd one the following weekend if it fell on a workday, have started to spread out: so some people or organisations will have parties the weekend before, some on the day and some the weekend after - some even a fortnight after.

Last edited by DanaC; 06-30-2015 at 02:30 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote