View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 05:57 PM   #27
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Forgive me that you missed my asshole sense of humor; I tend to take the most extreme and point it out, like many commodians, I mean comedians, do.

But let me ask you this: If your government told your entire country that their pets were killing you and you would be better off if you would let the government round them up how many of your friends and neighbors do you think would start throwing their cats to the slaughter? Sure, a few of the demographic who is "crazy or weird" but whole scale? I think not.

And America is judged as well. I'm a proud American but I am not blind to the atrocities right here at home and I certainly am not blind to the fact that we live up to some stereotypes (that's how they're born, btw.)

Me having an opinion about THEIR GOVERNMENT scaring the people into throwing their cats to the wolves is no different than me having an opinion that OUR GOVERNMENT doesn't give much of a rat's rump what we say or think.

I don't think it's the common folk who are vying for superpower; don't you usually have to be a power before you can try for superpower? You are missing that fine difference.