View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 12:56 PM   #7
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx
I totally agree with you glatt, I don't think beef is safe to eat. Mad cow aside, the antobiotics, growth hormones, grain feeding, and need for irradiation because the meat has been covered in feces turns me right off. Hamburger gives me nightmares.
I'm with you, jinx, on the antibiotics. Antibiotics should be for people only. We should stop this crazy bacterial strain improvement program that the meat industry is performing through overuse of antibiotics. By the time I'm an old man, I doubt any antibiotics will work on the monster germs we'll have by then.

Growth hormones don't really concern me that much, but mostly because I'm ignorant about the effects of eating growth hormone enhanced meat. How is it different than regular meat?

How is grain feeding bad? Never heard that one, but there's a lot I don't know.

The irradiation doesn't bug me much at all. There's some talk that it may destroy some of the nutrients in the meat, but so does cooking. Shit in the meat is a gross thought, but if you cook it enough, it isn't a health concern.

Mad cow disease freaks me right out, because you can't kill it by cooking it. Not even when you burn it to a crisp.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote