View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #112
wolf
lobber of scimitars

The Rehab is part of this fitness thing, it's sponsored through the American Cancer Society.

I signed up for it.

I am stupid.

Okay, I'm not stupid.

My purpose was to suck up to the boss-dude.

See, he's a team captain.

So I signed up and get an email back ... Too many people on boss-dude's team, so I get assigned elsewhere.

Crap.

Now I'm committed and I'm in direct competition with boss-dude and most of my cow orkers.

So yeah, I guess I am stupid.

But anyway, I told HR that was fine, and it would be a good way to meet more people. Sucking up to HR can't hurt, right?

In an odd twist of fate, my team captain is the former director of my department.

They wanted to name our team "Boss-Dude's Worst Enemy." This did not win in the voting. We are "The Avengers."

So, here I am, day two. I committed to 29 minute per day (that's considered "Bronze" level).

Both yesterday and today I did manage to go walking, each time for at least 45 minutes. Starting at the Rehab kind of got me out of doing this, because back when I first got shitcanned, and before crazynurse got sick, I was walking nearly every day.

On the upside, I'm getting back to listening to The Making of the Atomic Bomb. I'm getting near the end.

I have to figure out what to listen to next.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote