View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #933
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

At this time of night, without having the time to devote further research to it ... this link is to a post by someone named 'John' on an unnamed board, who provided a nonfunctioning link to a court decision. We can only take 'John's' word for the summary.

The key phrase I see in the post is the reference to the 'Eggshell Skull Rule', and the admission that Benjamin 'may have had a genetic predisposition or a physiologic susceptibility' to intractable seizures, encephalopathy, and developmental delay.

I'm sorry, LJ, I'd have to look into this more fully before saying anything. If this child had normal health prior to the immunization, does that prove that the immunization caused his subsequent health problems? Would he have developed those problems regardless of immunization because he had a previously undiagnosed condition? Is there evidence that the vaccination specifically caused the subsequent health problem; is the effect reproducible; is it dose-dependent; is it biologically explainable/logical?

I will try to find information on this case tomorrow.