View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 08:11 AM   #132
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Last night I watched the second episode of DC's Legends of Tomorrow. The first episode(first part of a two episode pilot), which I watched last week left me a bit cold. I was not overly eager to continue with it. But then I figured I should at least watch the full opening story to get a sense of the show.

Second part was more watchable. A couple of the characters became a lot more relatable. I still find it hard to care about most of them though. Hawkman and Hawkgirl - jesus they were annoying as hell in Arrow, and they're annoying as hell in this. Hawkman in particular is thoroughly unlikable. They have zero chemistry. They're supposed to be ancient lovers caught in a cycle of reincarnation, ever drawn back to each other, fated to find each other and then die each time, killed by the same man that killed them the first time,and who became immortal in the process. All three of these characters are complete wank. Which is unfortunate, given that the guy who kills them is the big bad of the whole show. But back to the total lack of chemistry between Mr and Ms Hawk.: zero, nada, not a single spark. And he is so wooden. I think he only has the one facial expression or tone of voice. A kind of one situation fits all approach to acting. Not sure if he thinks this is coming across as stoic.

Spoiler below:

I was cheering when he got killed.

I think it's pretty poor fayre, though I might watch one or two more to see how it looks when it finds its groove. I'd like it to get good, because I like Arthur Darvill. But I have my doubts.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote