View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 09:42 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Warn Your Children about Books

Don't let them get Hooked-on-Books.™ An innocent Dr Seuss, or Shel Silverstein, can lead to a lifelong habit of the book junkie. Hanging around sleazy dive libraries, consuming paperbacks in the alley while looking furtively for someone who might reveal their corruption. Just say no.
If you don't believe me, listen to the great minds from the past...

Books are fatal: they are the curse of the human race. Nine-tenths of existing books are nonsense, and the clever books are the refutation of that nonsense. The greatest misfortune that ever befell man was the invention of printing.” — Benjamin Disraeli

“The multitude of books is making us ignorant.” — Voltaire

“We live in an age that reads too much to be wise.” — Oscar Wilde

“The multitude of books is a great evil. There is no measure or limit to this fever of writing; everyone must be an author, some for some kind of vanity to acquire celebrity and raise a name, others for the sake of lucre or gain.” — Martin Luther

“There are times when I think that the reading I have done in the past has had no effect except to cloud my mind and make me indecisive.” — Robertson Davies

“The road to ignorance is paved with good editions.” — Bernard Shaw

If you fail to protect your child from this scourge, Nelson will point you out in public and say, "HA HA"