Thread: West Yorkshire
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 08:46 AM   #686
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I have many, many photos from The Great Yorkshire Show. So even though I've culled them, I'll be rambling on for days. Just so you know.

The Show is held at the Great Yorkshire Showground in Harrogate and It Is Enormous.
I was told by more than one person that you couldn't see it all in a day, but it's $37 to get in (my ticket was a birthday present) so you just do what you can.

Facts and figures:
- Largest agricultural show in England
- 250 acre site
- approx 135,00 visitors for the three days it's on
- Lots of fit farmers and squaddies (okay, maybe that's not a fact)

I left later than intended. The usual start to all of my photo threads.
I jabbed myself in the eye with a mascara wand. Said eye-leaking meant I had to remove the small amount of tasteful make-up I'd applied, because it was running down my face. So I went bare-faced. Which was okay, but I wish I'd looked like I made an effort, rather than hiding behind my sunnies like a battered wife.

Bus to Harrogate, which took 30 mins longer than usual, because of Show traffic.
I was sort of okay, but starting to get a bit antsy at the woman behind me, who thought her husband was blind. He wasn't, he had a newspaper, it it wasn't even in that special bumpy writing.
"Oh, there's a church."
"Oh a pub."
"They're all outside."
"That's the park, then."

So I stabbed her with my eyeball-seeking mascara wand.

Okay, what I really mean is I scrambled off that bus asap, and got in the queue for the next; the shuttle bus to the Showground.
I have to say it was all very well organised. We waited ten minutes, true, but it was a free transfer and the bus left as soon as it was full. They actively encourage people to take public transport to the Show, because it frees up valuable space that would otherwise have to be given over to car-parking.

First thing I saw as I walked in?
The wheel.
Name:  DSCN1773.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  130.1 KB

Can't help it. love me a wheel. And I figured it would give me a great vantage point to see the Show. Blimey.
Name:  DSCN1781.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  104.0 KBName:  DSCN1783.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  137.7 KB

I'm trying not to overload this with photos of me, as there are so many other things to show you. But this one almost counts as scenery.
Name:  DSCN1780.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  149.2 KB

Last edited by Sundae; 07-16-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote