Thread: New Delawarean
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 05:38 AM   #11
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

So, moved in three weeks ago. You have not heard from me because the cable company screwed up our installation. We had a guy come out twice and both times the hookup to the house wasn't ready. Since we are now getting phone service bundled, that meant no Internet or phone for 3 weeks except for our cellphones.

So, boxes are everywhere, there is an empty space out back where our deck should be, and the home theatre needs carpet nailed down and curtains installed. Other than that we're moved in. I got my Delaware license. When you hand in the paperwork, the person is behind a standard counter like you see in a bank. When you go to pick up your license, the person is behind about an inch of bulletproof glass. I figured that this was because it's the first time people get to see their drivers license photo.

This is the worst picture ever taken of me. In Pennsylvania, you get a few tries to approve the photo. Delaware was a surprise.

I'm still getting used to the house. I don't feel completely settled yet. In some ways it feels like staying in a hotel room.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote