View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #5
rkzenrage

A continuation of the conversation... this young person is having a hard time. Part of my posting this here is to double-check that I am not messing-up somehow. I want to know if you see anything that may need amending.

Quote:
Being happy is just changing your perception... appreciating your blessings instead of fixating on what you do not have or what is "wrong" with your life or situation, nothing more.
It is a skill, something to be learned, practiced, and eventually done automatically.
You just have to want to and not want to be a self-indulgent sad-person.
This is also true of those with chemical imbalances, they just have to work harder and, occasionally, need chemical help... but those chemicals are ONLY a step in the process, not the only key or tool. They just help the tools work.
One must DECIDE to be happy.
That does not mean that nothing will get to you and stubbing your toe will not piss you off, it is a matter of balance and being happier than unhappy and what makes you unhappy and why.
Get the tools, use them... it works. Just working on it helps, it gets your mind working... that is half the damn battle.
UT... I know you believe there is such a thing as a magic happy pill... don't bother. I'm not going to agree.