View Single Post
Old 10-26-2003, 09:51 PM   #5
Scopulus Argentarius
Your current user title is:

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveDallas

But the early automobile owner did indeed have to have a fair amount of knowledge about the car. And, I think, you still need to know SOMETHING about what's under the hood if you don't want to be completely at the mercy of mechanics in deciding what needs to be done with your car. I'm not saying you need to be able to rebuild a transmission, but when they suggest that it might be time to replace your spark plugs or your timing belt, it's nice to have half a clue what they're talking about. ("Yeah, go ahead and do the timing belt... I don't want it to break, it's already been 10,000 miles since it was last changed." )
as far as deployment and development platforms, I am very unsure. Don't like microsfot, not sure of many Open Source dev tools , like various linux(es), like Zope and Python (and wxPython and Boa-constructor {needs work...})

As far as plug-n-play ease of use...I think some O.S. distros have caught up and passed whin32.....has anyone ever booted up a knoppix distro ( regular or std )? It rocks and configures easier (automatically) than win-duh's ever did. My 10 year old uses it to listen to cds and play games...
Scopulus Argentarius is offline   Reply With Quote