View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 05:41 AM   #978
choymantisbxr
choymantisbxr

WOAH WOAH WOAH. stop the papers and call me randy mcjenkins because i think i just found something of interest. i was reading up, since i have been absent from the forums as of late and found on page thirteen people talking about an anagram. im not sure if these is relevant or not, but i wikipedia'd the word anagram to see if there was anything i was missing. check this out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anagram . heres an excerpt: Numerical anagrams use Roman numerals within words. These numeral letters, taken together according to their numerical values, express some epoch, such as the year of an event.[1]

An example of this kind is a distich of Godart on the birth of the French king Louis XIV, which occurred in the year 1638, on a day wherein there was an astrological conjunction of the Eagle with the Lion's Heart:

"eXorIens DeLphIn aqVILæ CorDIsqVe LeonIs
CongressV gaLLos spe LætItIaqVe refeCIt."
This roughly translates to, "On the conjunction of the eagle and the heart of the lion, the new Dauphin brings hope and happiness to the French." The highlighted Roman numerals sum to 1638.[1]

dauphin? sounds familiar to me.
choymantisbxr is offline   Reply With Quote