View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 11:29 PM   #696
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Back in early January I applied for a FT job in a kitchen as a cook. (One of my many talents) The initial interview went well, I got a call back a few weeks later and they asked if I would come in for a day and cook as a sort of paid audition, if you will. Things seemed to go well and they said they'd call in a few days, they needed to figure things out with other employees, yada. yada. A week or twp goes by and I figure I will call as I have other irons in the fire. "Thanks for the call, could you come in again for another try out?"

I do, and again things went well; they seemed very positive and so forth, if a lot disorganized. I also noted that they still had their help wanted sign up, but figured restaurants always need help.

They said they'd call in a few days after they figured stuff out. A couple of weeks goes by and no word, meanwhile I need to make a move one way or another, it's been almost 8 weeks since my initial meeting so I give them a call and ask what's up?

They tell me they had some front end people leave suddenly and they need to find replacements for them so they aren't hiring a cook. WTF? Strung along for weeks and then get that weird answer. I happened to drive by the place today and noticed the hlp wanted sign was down.

Just as well that I'm not working there, but WTF? Annoying.