View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 10:50 AM   #1
lookout123
changed his status to single

Critique of Black Culture

I pulled this from a conservative blog Townhall.com. I apologize for not putting the link up, my system at work makes that difficult. I'll try to fix that when I get home.

Obviously this is a conservative website, and the author states he is a conservative so make of it what you will. I found it interesting because, other than Bill Cosby I don't see many people that are willing to come out and say this in a public forum. What are your thoughts on this?

From Weblog on Townhall.com
Brothers Behind Bars - It Ain't Whitey's Fault!

The following is my e-mail commenting on a story by Washington Times columnist John McCaslin:

Mr. MsCaslin,

I just read your "Inside the Beltway" snippett in today's Washington Times that Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY) is griping about the "alarming overrepresentation" ob black men in the U.S. penal system. He's upset that two-thirds of the U.S. prison population consists of racial and ethnic minorities, black men in their 20's have a one-in-eight chance of being locked up, and that black males born today have a one-in-three chance of going to prison during their lifetime, compared to a one-in-17 chance for white males.

As a black man, this upsets me, as well, but, as a conservative, I am infuriated by the "reason" that Congressman Rangel gives for this crisis. Apparently, he is attributing this serious problem to a "racist" criminal justice system, instead of the criminally anti-social behavior of many black men. "Despite the notion that the scales of justice is [sic] blind, it is no secret that racial bias plays a deplorable role in the disproportionate conviction and sentencing of African-American men, compared to their racial counterparts, who are charged with the same or a similar offense," says Rep. Rangel.

Nonsense.

This represents a classic knee-jerk response of "blame Whitey" by the modern-day black "leadership" in dealing with virtually every social and economic ill that has befallen the black community since the end of the Civil Rights Movement. Too many black men behind bars? Blame the white man. Seventy-percent black illegitimacy rate? Blame the white man. Middle-class black students academically underperforming compared to white, Asian and Caribbean immigrant students? Blame the white man. Instead of placing responsibility where it belongs - the anti-social behavior of black American males and the victimologist, separatist, and anti-intellectual black sub-culture from which it is bred, not too mention three generations of open-ended welfare that raped black Americans of any incentive to better themselves - Rangel, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and their ilk resort to the same tired excuse. And that's all it is- an excuse! Instead of combatting the aforementioned social ills and admonishing blacks to take responsibility for their actions, behavior and lives, today's black "leaders" continue to play the race card while screaming for more government handouts.

This explains why solutions to black-male incarceration and other problems in the black community will forever remain elusive.

Dutch Martin