View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 12:10 AM   #23
Rock Steady
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
I wouldn't say that, exactly. Different strokes, different opinions. I read opinions going both ways (Fox excerpt was something like "I've seen worse in peewee hockey games").

The point of the game is to *win*. You do what you can do within the rules to accomplish the point. Italy did that masterfully, and France should learn something.
Sorry, but I saw the game and you didn't. France was the divers/foppers AND the flagrant foulers.

France got their bogus goal masterfully thru a forward flop in the box for a penalty kick. So lame.

Let's say you are up against Michael Jordan in the NBA finals in Game 7 in Overtime. Do you really expect him to head-butt you and possibly get ejected from the game?

When the NHL went from 1 referee to 2, some veterans were caught with their "hand in the cookie jar". I remember Rick Tocchet sucker punching a guy during a faceoff when he thought the ref was not looking at him. Whoooops, the Second Ref rang him up for a 5 Minute Major Penalty for fighting. Whooopps.

Zidane was just soooo arragont that he thought he could get away with a hurtful flagrant foul, and you know what, he can't. Fuck him, swine frog. May his dead career never find peace.