View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 11:40 AM   #15
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickja1
Griff, you make an excellent point. I also heard an interesting comment on the economic impact that abortion has had on our country (as well as Japan, where abortion has been legal since 1957 I think)--fewer workers! We have about 20 million fewer working Americans because of abortion (4,000 abortions per day in U.S. X 365 days/yr X 31 years = 45 million, 20 million of which would be old enough to work now). Staggering!
That's also 20 million people who aren't here, using up our already dwindling resources. The planet is fast getting overpopulated, especially with the improvements in medical science, medicines and treatments for once-fatal situations. This isn't to say that it's a bad thing, just that the consequnce is more people trying to fit in a finite amount of space.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote