View Single Post
Old 06-16-2003, 03:31 AM   #12
Torrere
a real smartass

Re: Re: Re: Re: Music: Pirated or Quality

Quote:
Originally posted by tw
Who among us can not sing a long to Sinatra's NewYork, NY, or some silly Bing Crosby tunes like Moon River or Irving Berlin - all well ahead of my time.
Me me me! I have hardly ever sung along to _ANY_ music. I've occasionally wished to, but I fear that I never really have. I did have the opportunity a year ago to done Karaoke, and quite likely would have, but I didn't realize until we were leaving that they had the lyrics scrolling along on a screen, and hell, I can't remember all the words to that song by Genesis I had thought of singing! I've met people my age (18-22) doing karaoke a few times.

Most of the music that I listen to now, however, is music or music with spoken word. If the song has lyrics, they usually are sparse. Often, the vocals are treated almost as an instrument, rather than as the focus of the song which the music accompagnies. Other times, the lyrics are simply difficult to 'get', such as Delerium's Aria, which I mention because it's currently playing and sung in Old English (or so I believe).

As an aside, when I clicked on this thread I thought you were asking from a RIAA-supporter point of view: Do you listen to the RIAA's quality music that you buy, or do you listen to pirated music? I was all ready to write that quality music and pirated music tend to be one and the same in my experiences. Darn, I missed that speel.
Torrere is offline   Reply With Quote