Thread: DIY Deck
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 10:03 PM   #54
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

There will be more pics to come. I took a bit of a construction break to compose the text and select the pictures for the story to this point. I've been thinking about you, my friends, throughout this project. Many times I wish I'd had the opportunity to consult with you as I worked through this ordeal. And it has been a labor of love, but still an ordeal. I started in April / May of 2017, just about the time I went to the hospital for trouble with my congestive heart failure. And in June 2017, I offered to help my unemployed friend replace the clutch in his only vehicle so he could search for a job. That's another thread, but it definitely took up a huge amount of time and energy after work when I could/should have been getting the deck done.

Anyhow, here's where we are now. The frame is 98% done. I only have a few places to install those screens. Then I can unload the gravel. I drive by the place where I get the gravel on my daily commute, I'll wind up getting a load the day after I empty the truck, maybe one a day (hahahaha, riiiiight).

Once the deckframe is packed with gravel, then the deckboards. I have lots of ideas on that phase of the work. More to come! I welcome your input so, don't be shy. Don't be mean, but .. don't be shy.