View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 03:44 PM   #12540
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Yes! I managed to get a proper supermarket home delivery sorted out.

Delivery due Weds 13th May, so 2 weeks away. I've allowed substitutions on all, so it will be interesting to see what random nonsense they replace any out of stock items with :P

It's from Asda - which I am not mega thrilled about, am not generally a fan, but it's a delivery and its a full shop instead of the piecemeal shopping I've been doing.

Also - the Morrison's £35 food box was interesting - they skimped on the milk (2 pints to last 2 people a week - which is what they claim a food box will do) but included 2x gigantic blocks of Cathedral City extra mature cheddar.

Meat selection was decent: pack of 2 corn fed chicken breasts, a large pack of minced beef, a pack of 16 rashers of bacon and a pack of 8 very good quality sausages.

The rest: Big bag of onions, bag of carrots and a bag of new potatoes, a cucumber, a punnet of grapes, an Uncle Ben's rice sachet thingy, some toilet rolls, kitchen roll, a loaf of bread, a pack of pitta bread, tin of tuna, 2x tins of soup, a bag of penne pasta and some gravy granules.

Not bad for £35 incl. delivery.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote