View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 02:19 AM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Nov 14, 2009: Molossia

Quote:
The Republic of Molossia (moe-LAAHSS-eeyah) is a sovereign, independent nation, located in and completely surrounded by territory of the United States. With a total area of 9956 sRN (2.5 ha / 6.3 ac), Molossia is one of the smallest nations on earth, but what it lacks in size it makes up for in spirit. A sense of humor characterizes most Molossian people, which, coupled with the casual and comfortable western lifestyle, makes Molossia an enjoyable place to visit.

OK, 8 people and 4 dogs on 6.3 acres in Nevada = Molossia.
Internal threat to the US? Crazy tax dodgers? Moonshiners/pot growers? Religious cult?
Don't think so, just some left over hippies having fun, and making a couple bucks selling coins, stamps, and stuff.

Quote:
Please note: The Republic of Molossia bears no relation to the ancient Greek nation of the same name.
May 26th, 1977 I - Founded as the Grand Republic of Vuldstein near Portland, Oregon. King James I proclaimed King of Vuldstein.

1980 III - Renamed the Kingdom of Edelstein; Nomadic Period; King inactive, government headed by the Prime Minister.

1988 XI - Renamed the Kingdom of Zaria: Nomadic Period; King inactive, government headed by the Prime Minister.

May 1998 XXI - Land obtained near Dayton, Nevada. The Kingdom is renamed Molossia and proclaimed upon our new land.

June 1998 XXI - Kingdom of Molossia overthrown and replaced by provisional Communist government.

September, 1998 XXI - Provisional Government relinquishes sovereignty, merges Molossia with the United Provinces of Utopia, a Communist nation.

January 1999 XXII - The United Provinces of Utopia ceases to exist.

February 21st, 1999 XXII - The People's Democratic Republic of Molossia is declared, a sovereign nation again, with a communist government.

September 3rd 1999 XXII - The communist government is renounced, and the Republic of Molossia is established.
I guess they gave up the commie thing, when they discovered the US would not invade, and pour millions into nation building foreign aid.

link