Thread: Bad News
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 08:29 PM   #160
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

I've finally gotten a doctor who is going to treat me as a whole person rather than concentrating on a few symptoms. He has totally ruled out discoid lupus (which the Army has been treating for the past few years). He believes I have had chemical exposure in the past which could be causing some issues, especially photosensitivity. In believes my earlier tests were skewed due to the cortisone treatments. He has placed me on propranolol for tremors and added Axiron. I had a new round of blood tests & I have another MRI being scheduled for the tumors. He is concerned about the asymetery (sic?) and the continued fluxuations of the hormones. He said my scarlet flushing & sweats are when my testosterone was bottoming out and is akin to menopausal hot flashes.

I am having some breast enlargement, but I figure if they keep growing I can just stare at them in the mirror all day. Who needs to go out when you have your own great rack? LOL.

As you can tell, my spirits are lifted. I feel like I do have someone who is going to try to fix me. It is costing me a fortune, but it will be worth it in the end