View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 08:08 AM   #5983
glatt

Fucking Bezos.

Amazon is pushing so hard to get me to buy into their Prime racket. They want me to pay the membership fee and shop more exclusively with them, and in return, they offer deals on shipping and stuff.

But the pushing is being done with a carrot and a stick. The carrot I don't mind so much. I can just turn it down. But the stick is annoying me.

I bought a replacement handle for a sink on Saturday from Amazon. It was eligible for free shipping. So they sent me a confirmation email right away that I indeed bought this thing (and they may have charged my card) and now it's Tuesday, and it's like crickets chirping. They have the item in their warehouse, and they can easily pick it up and ship it, but they are just burning time. I'm not a Prime member, so they are deliberately making me wait. When they get around to shipping it in a day or two, they will ship it with their standard two-day delivery. It costs them the exact same amount of money to process and ship my order promptly or wait a few days. But since I'm not a Prime member, they are just parking my order for a few days.

Free market and all that. I could take my business elsewhere. What they are doing is fair. But I also have the right to say Fuck You, Bezos.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote