View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 01:36 PM   #577
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Stanley Vacuum Bottles

I have had the 2 Qt bottle for a few years now (I'm guessing nine years, as the code on the base is 05... sounds about right). I use it all the time. I've taken it camping, I take it on road trips, I use it in the house as my coffee reservoir. Over the years I've dropped it, driven out from under it, used it as a pillow. Lately, the little welded staple that holds the top handle connection has become loose. Then it came off, leaving the handle uselessly dangling by the lower connection only. grrrrrr

Now I paid a premium for this bottle, the website's selling them for fifty dollars, even. Stanley "says" it has a lifetime warranty. Well.... so, I called their 800 number, a human answered after I pressed 3 and after about two minutes of conversation, they assured me that a replacement bottle would be delivered to my house in 7 to 10 days.

So easy, so ... so much like what "lifetime warranty" seems to say. If I don't get the replacement bottle, I'll return here and take back all these nice remarks. But I hope and expect that won't be necessary. I look forward to another nine years of hard service from this one.