View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 11:18 AM   #7
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Did you prepare her for the deaths by saying the person was really sick, etc? Or just wait until after the fact?
We visited most of them while they were sick, and explained that they were very sick. My grandma especially, toward the end was pretty much incoherent with her tongue sticking out (if I'd known she was that bad, I might not have brought her, that's not an image of her grandma that I want to stick in her head...) so it was kind of obvious something wasn't right.

We did explain beforehand that they wouldn't be around very long, that's why we want to visit to tell them we loved them etc. As soon as they died we told her, and explained that we would be going to a visitation (and what that was) and then a funeral the next day (and what that was).

You know your child best, but for us, I have always just said what was going on. I want her to be able to trust me.