View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #8
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

My

I have heard those same shitty things coming from a voice inside my head. That fucker. He has a name, Fergie. I hate that devious, mean, evil rat bastard. He says some *seriously* fucked up shit sometimes. And, I can't shut him up sometimes--that's the worst--when he just hogs the goddamn mike. S. T. F. U.

So. I've learned this coping strategy, which I share with you, and all of you. It works for me and I hope it works for you, if not, I'll give you double your money back, whatever you paid for it. Anyhow, here it is. I *do* have to listen to Fergie, when he drips his poison in my ears, but I don't have to do anything about it. ESPECIALLY act on his words--jfc, there's a scary thought. I can't always just shut him up. But I can always just let him say his stupid shit, let him get it out of his system, then carry on, blithely ignoring his bullshit.

He's no friend of mine. To be honest, he's a part of me. I have negative thoughts from time to time and from mild to extreme. The thoughts, that voice, it might be loud and unavoidable, but it's not telling the whole truth. And I damn sure don't have to obey it and I don't have to believe it.