Thread: Cool Weapons
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 09:34 PM   #1506
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

When I put the conversion cylinder in it for 45 Colt, it is classified as a modern revolver. When I have the percussion cylinder in it, it is an antique firearm not subject to regulation. If you have a cartridge firing gun, including machine guns, made before 1899 it is an antique firearm and not subject to regulation. I know many people with priors who shoot percussion and flintlock guns. The only hitch is if your state has a prohibition.

For the purposes of the National Firearms Act, the term “Antique Firearms” means any firearm not intended or redesigned for using rim fire or conventional center fire ignition with fixed ammunition and manufactured in or before 1898 (including any matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap or similar type of ignition system or replica thereof, whether actually manufactured before or after the year 1898) and also any firearm using fixed ammunition manufactured in or before 1898, for which ammunition is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/browse/coll...011&ycord=1419