View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 04:35 AM   #11
breakingnews
Q_Q

FC, the worst thing you can do is sit there and be pitiful. You're on a campus with what, like, 30,000 students - go make some other friends. You'll need them anyway - I'll be really impressed if you keep the same group of friends through four years of college.

But don't hold the frat thing against your roommates. It's just something they've chosen to do, just as you'll probably do activities they don't find appealing. If you really are good friends - and not a bunch of whiny little girls - you'll look past it and enjoy what you do have in common.

You might find them being in a fraternity is a good thing. I lived with Greeks all throughout college - I went to their parties, hooked up with frat house sluts, played on their intramural sports teams, etc. But at the end of the night, I got to go do my own thing while they had to stick around and deal with all the bullshit that comes with being Greek. (And trust me - in due time you'll see that all the secrets, codenames and whatever is a huge pile of doo doo and a complete waste of time.)