View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 01:06 PM   #87
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
But you said:

Which I interpret to mean that you don't want to change tose values, regardless of any clauses that allow for change. When liberals use the rule of law, conservatives object, if the outcome does not fit their agenda.
When did liberals use the rule of law?

My comments about anarchy and capital punishment were independant.
Agreed, they were. But the argument isn't.

How is government evil? How does your response address my statement that nobody believes in "legalized theft"?
Government is evil because it imposes limits on liberty. It is a neccessary evil, because there will always be people in any society that will use liberty without self control or discipline. Thus, limited government.
Lots of people believe in legalized theft. When congress decides to take your money and gives it to someone or some organization that it is not authorized to give it to, is that not theft? Liberals were up in arms about Iran Contra, but the Democrat controlled congress disallowed paying for aid to the Contras, so North raised the money another way. He let the Iranians pay for it.

"Fund the government" may very well mean funding "research into the sex life of possums". If understanding the sex life of possums leads to the development of the cure for cancer, would it be worth the funding? Or in your case, if undertanding the sex life of possums leads to the development of a weapon that would kill all non-christian capitalists, would it be worth the funding?

Anything that makes America a better nation is worth funding.
Who defines making America better? The ends seldom justifies the means. If the Constitution says it is illegal to fund a church, should we fund it anyway, because someone thinks it will be better for America?

What are you talking about?

Just because they're mandatory doesn't mean I can't demand a return on the taxes I pay.
You're right, you should demand a return. But the return should be in those enumerated in the Constitution. If you want a return on your investment, buy theater tickets, not a politician.

Thank GWB and Reagan for the debt. Do you think you have a better grasp on economic policy than both the Bush AND Obama administrations?
No, but wait, probably more than Obama. Reagan was not the cause of our debt. His policies gave the foundation for the surplus Clinton was able to claim. As for Bush, his debt was caused by the war, and his appeasement attempts with liberals by supporting education reform and medicare prescription drug program.

So you think our forefathers were anti-religion? Ok. That really contradicts your assertion that
You're putting words in my mouth. You're the one who is anti religion, the majority of the founding fathers were members of religious organizations.