Thread: I bawt a Tesla
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 11:29 PM   #53
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Any color but white is an extra $1000, but I just could not have white, due to the racial.
It's a beautiful color but racial? Driving a white vehicle is a racial statement?

Quote:
In all gas cars, when you put your foot down, there is a one-mississippi that happens before you get all of the go-fast power.
I had my one-mississippi removed, along with some physical changes. It took some getting use to at lights, leave a extra half car length and make sure the guy in front is moving before pressing on the go pedal. I would imagine you're in the same boat except for the wizardry that keeps you from running into things.

Quote:
...when you take your foot off the gas, the car uses its forward momentum to recharge the battery. This slows the car considerably --
But the brake lights don't come on?

Quote:
Interior. I really dig the minimal design. No visible air vents, no dash indicators or controls, it's all on the touchscreen.
No line of sight indicators of any information.

Quote:
Tesla actually requires that you name your car.

Quote:
Yes and you have a key that's like a credit card, you can hold up to one edge of the door to lock or unlock it. But mostly you use your phone. Once your phone is set up as a key, you just walk up to the car and get in; the car unlocks for you.
There's no key and fob to do that? You have to have a phone? You can't get in if the car loses power?
Quote:
And with that system, there's no "key in the ignition" step. You just press the brake pedal, and the car adjusts the seat, mirrors, and steering wheel to your settings, and turns on climate (and lights, and wipers, etc). Then you just put it in Drive and go.
----
You walk about 10 feet away from the car, and it recognizes you've walked away and nobody else is in the car. So it locks itself and shuts down the climate and stuff.
You are not in control, the car does what Steve Jobs Elon Musk wants and you get used to it.

Quote:
Third-party website TeslaFi fetches the data from your car and compiles reports about your trips, your charges, etc. geekery dream
Right TeslaFi, division of NSA. Some of their calculations take a huge leap of faith to believe but a comparison if they're off the same amount each time.

Quote:
Musk generates a constant trickle of hints that car autonomy is closer than we expect. I'm not buying Full Self Driving now, because I'm betting that his schedule will lag -- but I could be wrong.
Musk was counting on Trump to cut the red tape but that won't happen.

Bottom line, the perfect car for you. It's already given you enough boners to justify the cost. Enjoy the ride!