View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #21
paqito
Person Who Has Posted

mmmhh. I believe that at 20minutos.es there's no difference between pigeon and dove. They probably wrote "paloma", is the correct word in spanish to call that little critter, and it's usually traduced as "dove".
It's very rare to use "pichon", that will be more like "pigeon". They use "pichon" for "baby bird" too.

By the way. I do not believe the chinese tried to control the movement of the muscles, just the orientation sense of the dove is enough. So, they just wanted it to fly north or west, not to control everything.

It has practical aplications, everything that we do to understand the brain is important. And a test of our understanding like that, is a great jump.
And of course it can help control the animals that the military organization of the world ( like the american ) use. Imagine what you can do with a controled dolphin to protect a submarine instalation.

And please, imagine what a totalitarist state can do with that when they move from pigeons to humans... Just imagine.

But what is sad for me is to see the happy face of the chinese guy when he has in his hands a tortured victim of humanity wish for power.

Paqito
paqito is offline   Reply With Quote