View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #223
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

I find it rather insulting that anyone would minimize and dismiss the struggles that I (and Bri, I'm sure) go through to remain sober. It has taken an enormous amount of strength and willpower to remain sober.

To look down your nose at another person who has accepted their alcoholism and who is doing what they need to do in order to get/stay off the booze is incredibly offensive. Who are you to decide who is a "real alkie" and who is merely a heavy drinker who is confused and not currently drinking? Really?

I am not religious. I do not believe in 'GOD" as some entity that oversees the universe. However, I am spiritual and I firmly believe that I can accomplish whatever I choose with my willpower and inner strength.

You have NO idea the things I've survived in my life. But I know that, since I managed to survive those things, that I can say no to the bottle and not pick it back up. If I want to badly enough. And so far, my will to live is winning over my desire to destroy myself.

Because every day, I find an excuse to drink. And every day, I remind myself of the reasons not to.

Right now, today, I've been sober for 3258 days.