View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 02:40 PM   #28
Schrodinger's Cat
Macavity

I, too, have a friend who is a head engineer for Amtrack with 30 years experience as a railroad engineer. He tells me that he still has nightmares about the people he has killed. He said one man just suddenly stepped out on the tracks in front of the Amtrack train my friend was driving as it came around a curve.

The man just stood there and stared at the on-coming train. Not a damn thing my friend could do. Trains don't exactly stop on a dime and even if my friend had attempted to stop the train, it would have most certainly been derailed, causing the deaths of God knows how many passengers. My friend watched as the train hit the man, severing his body into fragments and a spray of blood. When they arrived at the next stop, the reaction finally set in, and my friend got out of the engine car and started throwing up and crying at the same time. My friend couldn't drive a train for 3 months after that incident.

People who choose this method of suicide are unbelievably stupid and selfish. Why not just drive your car off a cliff?