View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 03:51 PM   #28
laebedahs
Abecedarian

Since this is the support thread...

I have begun losing weight. In the past month I've changed my diet from eating fast food 3-4 times a week (or more) and eating on the run to eating portioned, easy-to-cook frozen meals and recently sandwiches. I haven't weighed myself but I've noticed something: I'm able to get a full notch more tighter in my belt comfortably. My pants are also looser in the legs and butt.

I've cut out soda in-take from 4-6 Dr. 12-oz Peppers a day to maybe 1 a week along with 1 Sprite a week. Instead I drink water at work and at home (I have a cheap plastic cup I re-use at work, we have an ice maker in the fridge of the break room). I now eat a lot of bread, pasta, and rice (Uncle Ben's rice bowls, Marie Callender's meals, and PBJ/various deli-meat sandwiches). My meals seem much more balanced too as I'm finding I'm eating vegetables I never used to: carrots, peas, green beans.

I feel better in general and I've noticed ... well, there's no easy way to put this: much cleaner #2's. I don't exercise at all (I have a desk job at a tech support company). I know I'll have to start exercising eventually but for now I'm happy with myself. It's also cheaper too! I save gas when I don't go out for lunch (I drive a 12 mph gas-guzzler car), save money (I can buy 2 meals for the same price as eating out, and the 24-pack a week of soda I used to go through saves me enough to buy 2 meals), and I save time (instead of going out when I'm hungry when I'm at work or home, I make a frozen dinner or make a sandwich). I still eat out every now and then but I want to eventually cut it out completely except for special occasions.
laebedahs is offline   Reply With Quote