Thread: CPAP machines
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 10:11 AM   #1
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

CPAP machines

I just started using one. It's okay. Definitely sleeping better and waking up rested instead of feeling like I want to die, so that's good. Recent memory and brain fog issues are slowly receding, too.

On the downside, I'm suddenly massively overeating, which is one of those things that studies have shown happens, but the data is confounded and often dismissed because 1.) CPAP users tend to be overweight to begin with, and 2.) the industry is dead set on telling people that better sleep will cause them to lose weight, even though the opposite seems true. The best study I've found demonstrates that sleep affects some specific appetite hormones BUT your hormones have presumably been compensating for years of shitty sleep, so it takes several months to adjust.

Also, it's not silent like they claimed it was. But it's pretty quiet, and also that's Mr. Clod's problem, not mine. Long story short, I'll be sticking with it, because I was reaching brain-damaging levels of poor oxygenation all night without it. But it ain't perfect.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote