View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 10:46 AM   #10
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
This has gone entirely too damn far. This is a BBS, ie, Bulletin Board.
Since when are posts only for certain members to respond to?
Personal attacks on members, designed to belittle the poster and ignore the content of their post, is childish and stupid.
Personal feuds damage the board, make it unpleasant for members and makes lurkers/casual readers fearful of posting what could be pertinent, useful, information.
Posting is individual contribution not a team sport, no choosing sides, us against them.

Stop it....just fucking stop it.
i don't think it has gone far enough. one bad apple can spoil an entire barrell. one person can polarize and divide people into teams. your opinion of what is valuable content plainly differs from mine, and i'm sure everyone has their own, too. I'm not worried about dissuading lurkers from posting some little gem. i'm worried about people i like bailing out because they find this place to be less enjoyable with certain memebers participating.

when one annoying person can make the board unenjoyable to it's creator.....know it, and still refuse to fuck off.......well, you tell me; Should we just take the high road, and hope she'll go away on her own? Should we all drop out until she leaves? ( that's certainly tempting) should we just accept her as inevitable? I've resolved to be rude and obnoxious to her. you handle it how you like. don't expect me to stop it though.

why won't she take a fucking hint, a smack in the face, and a formal invitaion to leave?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote