Thread: Is Trilby ok?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #82
Jaydaan
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

Our little rescue, Aesa is still a challenge some days and we have had her since May 5th 2012. She is a cute girl, with a great personality, but she still has fight or flight issues ( with her its talk back more so than anything) She still barks at air, and will still eat half the house when left alone. She doesnt do it every time... but enough to still be an issue. She has eaten light bulbs, books, paint, she will open brand new boxed crock pots just to see whats inside, that sort of thing. She is a huge counter surfer and will get into any glass or plate left anywhere near her reach. There are days I wonder why us? why can't she just be like our Freya.

My Freya girl would never have done any of these things. I am learning, while they are the same breed...Aesa is not Freya.

Aesa wants to be a loving dog, and curl up with you, and does. She tries to listen. She is a sweet heart, and loves going for walks. She sleeps with me, spine to spine. She is my shadow. She knows sit and wait. She will shake a paw. She is Loki's best freind. They play well together and sleep side by side, if not on top of each other.

Aesa would have had several more homes by now, simply because of the destuction when we are not home, and the aggressive play ( its just boxers, she's just noisier than most). We can handle her, we love her. Sometimes its the different that we need.

There is a poem out there, that makes me cry every time... because its true. While I don't know where you got your new baby Scout from, I do know I got Aesa from a home 2 hours before she was taken to the SPCA. This poem hits home, and maybe when you have your " wow, do you ever rest?" times with Scout you can think back to it. Its helped me with my "rescue".

I Rescued A Human Today
Author: Janine Allen

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor
peering apprehensively into the kennels.
I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her.
I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't be afraid.

As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident
I had in the back of my cage.
I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today.
Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy
and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card,
I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past.
I only have the future to look forward to
and want to make a difference in someone's life.

She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me.
I shoved my shoulder and side of my head
up against the bars to comfort her.
Gentle fingertips caressed my neck;
she was desperate for companionship.

A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw
to assure her that all would be well.
Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright
that I instantly jumped into her arms.

I would promise to keep her safe.
I would promise to always be by her side.
I would promise to do everything I could
to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes.

I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor.
So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors.
So many more to be saved.
At least I could save one.

I rescued a human today.
Jaydaan is offline   Reply With Quote