View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
SamIam

My next door neighbor got shot!

If you think there is less violence in small towns, think again. Brenda, my next door neighbor in my four plex had taken in her son. The son was a wierd ass kid who spooked me from day one. He also started having very loud arguments with his Mom from day one.

I guess he wasn't happy about getting to live rent free with all his meals provided by his hard working Mom who has a demanding job cleaning and sterilizing operating rooms at the local hospital.

Well, last night they had the loudest argument yet. Then I heard some sounds that I thought were late 4th of July fireworkers, and everything next door went dead quiet - until the ambulance and the police showed up.

It turns out that the "firecrackers" were the sounds of the boy shooting Brenda. He shot her in the back and then tried to shoot her in the head, but lucky for Brenda, the gun misfired, and she was able to crawl to the phone and dial 911. She is now in the hospital up in Grand Junction, Colorado.

And I thought I had gotten away from all that big city violence by moving to a town of 10,000 souls. Whatever is this world coming to?
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote