View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 11:18 AM   #12
mlandman
Coronation Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by johningerslev
What???? it's not THEIR "shit"! How could they stop some crazy people just because they have the same ideas about God??? Like saying isn't it time the aetheists got their "SHIT UNDER CONTROL" and stopped things like the colombine high massacre and for that matter all shootings, violence and crime done IN THEIR NAME ?!?!?!?! whats that sorry, you can't? because you had nothing to do with those crazy people who did that? please stop being stupid!!!

grr.
Did the columbine massacre occur "in the name of atheism"? NO. Perhaps you can grasp the freakin point now.

So, YES, perhaps all the religious scholars who represent Islam SHOULD be concerned that people are starting to associate Islam with terror. I am. And yes, while I acknowledge (AND DID IN MY PREVIOUS POST) that not all for follow Islam believe in terror, almost ALL terrorists are muslim, acting in the name of islam.

Some interesting viewpoints can be read here. I do not subscribe to all of them, but they raise some very interesting points.

My point was that the ASSOCIATION exists and exists because of their actions. They should be concerned. I know if I owned a 1,000,000 employee business and 5% of my employees were acting radically and killing people in the name OF MY COMPANY, THEN AS MANAGEMENT OF MY COMPANY I WOULD TAKE SOME HARSH STEPS TO PREVENT THE SOILING OF MY COMPANIES' NAME. This was my point.

*edit -- to clarify my point: I didn't mean 'the individual non terrorist followers' of islam bear this responsibility of 'CLEANING THIS SHIT UP'. I meant Islam as a religion needs to seriously take action here. There is not enough 'outrage'. Example: the Catholic church finally had to take new policy into consideration re: the sexual abuse. In other words, they needed to GET THEIR SHIT in order (their effectiveness in doing so is questionable, but that's not my point) Perhaps Islam needs to take the opportunity to GET THEIR SHIT in order. THAT's my point. Still think it's a stupid stupid point?

Last edited by mlandman; 10-17-2005 at 12:17 PM.
mlandman is offline   Reply With Quote