View Single Post
Old 04-25-2001, 07:26 PM   #1
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Industry plans were exposed as they began a program to addict 5 year olds - nicotene laced candy; the 14 year old addiction program having been so successful. Today George Jr announces what will begin the end of all future tobacco prosecutions. Seven tobacco executives can lie under oath while on national TV before Congress; a Republican dominated Congress protects those liars - but George Jr thinks prosecution is not fair (all those tobacco bribes most to Republicans had nothing to do with his decisions).

Now from 25 Apr 2001 Wall Street Journal front page:
""Last year, Kristopher Sperry, a young man with a longtime marijuana habit, decided to clean up his life. He got married, became a father, joined a Baptist church, and enrolled as a freshman at Arkansas State University. He earned a "B" average and maintained a spotless disciplinary record.
But this semester, the 23 year old former factory worker lost his financial aid and had to drop out of school because he couldn't afford the $600 tuition. The reason: he had two misdemeanor drug convictions, one in 1998 for marijuana possession and one in 1999 for possession of drug paraphernalia, namely a water pipe. Under a three year old law, that makes him ineligible for federal student aid.
"Arsonist, burglars and convicted felons can still qualify for aid", complains Mr Sperry, who had his driver's license temporarily revoked, paid $275 in fines, and performed a day of community service as a result of the convictions. "I've already paid my price for my crime, I believe. Now I'm having to pay an even more severe price, hindering my education."
... A single conviction of Marjuana possession, by far the most common drug charge, disqualifies a student for a year from the date of conviction. People convicted of crimes that don't involve drugs, no matter how serious [including Timothy McVeigh], are eligible for student aid.
The law has been little noticed until recently because the Clinton administration enforced it only very loosely. But the new Bush administration has decided to get strict.
Consequently, some 26,000 people appear ineligible for federal financial aid for the upcoming school year ...
In an effort to comply [with the law], the Clinton Education Department in 1999 added a new question to the federal financial aid application ... asking about drug convictions. Of 9.8 million applicants, only about 9,000 acknowledged ... As a result they were denied aid.
But 279,000 more applicants left the question blank ...
Then the Bush administration took over. Last month, Education Secretary Rod Paige, after consulting with the department's legal consel, decided that the wording was now so clear that the government should deny aid to anyone who left it blank.""

An intelligent president would also mandate that all Presidents who did cocaine, a significantly more dangerous drug, must resign. But that would be too intelligent?

Orin Hatch, another power crazed politican, is a big promoter of these laws. Hatch says that mandatory sentences for these 'crimes' are necessary because judges are too lenient. Of course you cannot be too lenient on marijuana possession since even alcohol is more danagerous.

Mandatory sentences for marijuana distribution is on the order of 6 and 20 some years making marijuana sentences harsher than murder! Furthermore, since jails are now so crowded with mandatory drug sentences (more than 25% in every prision), murders are being released on parole earlier to relieve the overcrowding. That is what a more intelligent president and his right wing extremist Attorney General wants. Clearly the solution to higher crime rates is more prisioners and mandatory prosecution of marijuana possession. Clearly you must be intelligent to understand this.

Consulting other world intelligence leaders, Bugs Bunny said it best: "What a Maroooon".
tw is offline   Reply With Quote