View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 05:43 PM   #4386
glatt

My wife's new years resolution was to take advantage of as much free stuff offered in this area as possible.

It has paid off well for me. Last night we saw Romeo and Juliet performed downtown at the DC Shakespeare theater. It's a really nice place with Broadway performers and top notch theater actors doing the performances. I read the play in high school and really couldn't get into it at all, but to be honest, these actors made it much more enjoyable than I expected. I actually had a good time. Classy place.

It's worked out well for me that she made this resolution. We saw Branford Marseilles with the Army Blues Band a few months ago, and a local band at a small local neighborhood amphitheater. I missed out on seeing the national fireworks from a new skyscraper when she went because I was backpacking.

It has rolled over into paying for reduced price performances by doing lottery tickets at local venues and seeing more live music. We saw Something Rotten at the National Theater a couple months ago for really cheap.

And then we have been paying full price for some stiff too, like Hamilton, and the Avett Brothers at Wolf Trap.

This whole resolution to see live performances has been really good. And most of them have been very affordable or free. I know DC may have more to offer than most cities, but check out what your location offers. You may be surprised.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote