Thread: Avatar in IMAX
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #96
Flint
Snowflake

For the record I only saw/heard a handful media pieces/interviews etc. regarding this movie, but considering the extremely little exposure to media outlets I have, I thought this was an outrageous result from such a small sample size. Of note was that everything I heard was harping on the same, very specific message about what was so great about this movie. As I said, it would make watching the movie an exercise in comparing "the message" to what is happening on the screen. Constantly, as every event unfolds in the story I am supposed to be immersed in, I would be thinking "Did they execute that as described? Did they achieve the results they promised they would?" I can't un-do that, I can't un-know the things I have heard. AND, once all of this was irreversibly set in place, I actually saw a preview of the film, and... IT LOOKS DUMB AS HELL AND COMPLETELY UNAPPEALING IN ANY CONCEIVABE WAY. Now you tell me: why in God's name would I think I HAVE TO watch this movie? This is ludicrous and you can all fuck off.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote