Thread: Windows 10
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 08:07 PM   #29
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Well, I'm running Windows 10 and I made it back to the Cellar. Install time was 1 hr. 20 min. on my notebook. That's just installation time not counting prep time, downloading, and checking for post installation updates from Microsoft (there were 2 already) and HP.

It's going to take a while to get used to the new Microsoft Edge browser. I had to import my favorites [bookmarks] from IE and Edge doesn't have a separate Organize Favorites window. Modifying the Favorites list may be a nuisance. I don't see a Move icon that lets you choose a destination folder. You can easily move a Favorite to a folder or sub-folder by dragging it; but, I have to hunt for the way to put it elsewhere from there as the other folders don't display after the move and I didn't see an Undo icon.

Fortunately; however, Edge does allow you to easily open any webpage in the old IE browser with it's familiar Favorites format. That'll make the transition easier.

Interestingly, HP apprises that I not delete Windows 8.1 as some repair services they provide require that the OS be restored to the original version. I'll keep it until I would no longer consider having the notebook repaired.

That's all for now, I just did the upgrade this evening.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote