Thread: Dave just left
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 10:06 AM   #28
dave

<b>The Departure</b>
When I got home from work that evening, I messaged sycamore on AOL Instant Messenger. The conversation went as follows:

dave (11:48:50 PM): are we on not-speaking terms still?
sycamore (11:49:28 PM): beyond cellar, yes
dave (11:50:12 PM): that gonna wear off any time soon or no?
sycamore (11:50:59 PM): don't know
dave (11:51:11 PM): alright dude. have a good one.

I was pretty disappointed, because I had been trying to salvage the relationship and it didn't seem as though he wanted to do so. I was also still disappointed with Tony's handling of the situation, though I had (mistakenly, it turns out) believed it to be in good faith. That having been said, I didn't feel that the situation was workable for the Cellar. The whole time I have been there, sycamore and I have been friends, and I felt disgusted and disappointed enough with the whole situation to call it quits. I would salvage the friendships I had, leave the rest behind and get on with my life. I wrote my goodbye post and went to sleep.

As it turns out, things are not that simple!

I emailed Tony the next day. Twice. They said the following:

Quote:
email to Tony, subject "so, by now you've read it"
And the question is, are we still cool, or is this an unrecoverable sin against you? I'll work with either but I vastly prefer the former. (I need someone to buy a freaking Xbox for.)
Quote:
email to Tony, subject "since he brought you into it..."
here's the grand finale.

[ -- last conversation between sycamore and I, as posted above but with screennames complete -- ]

we both infiltrated basically every thread and i just don't see it working right with such a big schism. i'm dismayed, obviously, but that's life. someone(s) will fill my spot on the cellar, i might actually get something done at work, and life will go on.

thanks to you personally for hosting it, and for being a cool dude. i hope you and i are still cool, but i'll understand if we're not. have a good one.

dave
As is pretty clear, I'm trying to salvage whatever it is I have with Tony. He responds, and I'm going to copy this whole email right here into this post.

Quote:
Tony's email to me, subject "Re: so, by now you've read it"
Good luck in the future.
We all know that he didn't actually mean "Good luck, dude!" - he meant "Fuck you." Which is fine. He's entitled to say whatever he wants.

I responded:

Quote:
email to Tony, subject "Re: so, by now you've read it"[/i]
You too then, sir.
And that was that!